VITAMIN B12 DEFICIENCY SYMPTOMS THAT MOST PEOPLE IGNORE
We are living in a hectic world where every vitamin is needed for our body and health, and usually our body sends us signals informing us that we need to do something about it.
However, in most cases, people neglect these signals or mistake them for the necessity of another cup of coffee for more energy or simply take some pills to boost their energy levels. In the end, the body is left without the needed vitamins which eventually will lead to the occurrence of some ailment.
It seems that ladies are the ones who usually neglect these symptoms and because of that end up with a mediocre health.
Perhaps the most important vitamin that people usually are short of is the vitamin B12. This vitamin is highly required for the bonding process of nucleic acids, the health of the nerves, and for the production of the red blood cells.
Continuous deficiency of this vitamin will lead to nerve damage. Therefore, read carefully the symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency, and check if you have some of them.
Symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Smooth tongue
- Pale or yellow skin complexion
- Vertigo, fatigue, weakness or lightheadedness
- Heart palpitations and shortness of breath
- Blurred vision or the feeling that you are losing it
- Numbness, difficulties walking, muscle weakness
- Digestive problems such as diarrhea, frequent gases, or loss of appetite and taste
- Poor mental health, memory loss, mood swings and depression
If by any chance you recognize some of the symptoms on you, then you should seek for an advice from your doctor and ask for a blood test to determine if you are short of this vitamin, or for that matter from some other ones.
People with the Highest Risk of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Persons experiencing autoimmune disorders like Grave’s disease or Lupus
Cells of people with these types of disorders are attacking the body’s tissues instead of attacking the foreign bodies in our body, and in that way protecting our health. In this way the body has decreased ability to absorb the vital vitamins.